31584434_s.jpg

Xylitol is a naturally occurring chemical, used as a sweetener! It’s safe in humans, but not in dogs. Signs of toxicity can be seen as quickly as 30 minutes after xylitol ingestion in dogs.  Veterinary treatment involves close monitoring, supportive care and treating the resultant low blood glucose and possible low potassium levels.  We, at DIAMOND HILL ANIMAL CLINIC, are located at 35 Pine Swamp Road, Route 114, and are open six days a week.  Contact us at 401-658-0751 to make an appointment.  We are your cat and dog specialists.  We have our own in-house lab so most test results will be seen the same day.  At our pharmacy and store, we make available an extensive selection of supplies, cat and dog food, special diets, medicines, and nutritional supplements.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright by Diamond Hill Animal Clinic 2017. All rights reserved.